Wednesday, February 8, 2012

(De)Construction

For my object I had absolutely no idea what I was going to break. I had an original idea that didn't turn out so well and I had no idea how to piece it back together. I didn't know of anything in my dorm I could break, and as it turns out I went home this past weekend so I decided to look for something there. I was looking around my house when I came upon an old shirt from high school. I decided that I was going to cut it up, this is signifying that I am done with high school and it is time to move on.

Now the next part was putting it back together. I was thinking about this when I remembered my friend one time found this thing on Pinterest where you can make bracelets out of t-shirts, this seemed like a good idea on making it into a new object. It's new meaning was that I am not going to forget where I came from and how it has influenced my life, but I am not going to let it define me. When I am wearing this bracelet no one will know that it used to be a t-shirt from my high school; they'll just think that it is some craft I did on my own. But when I look at it I will think of the fun times I had and the people that influence my life.

2 comments:

  1. Sound fun, and neat. Easy way to use old shirts and not waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I love using old shirts and altering them into something new and useful!

    ReplyDelete