For my experiment I have chosen to start living a heart healthy. I plan on doing this by eating healthy and cutting out the foods that are most known for clogging your arteries and picking up new ones that will help strengthen my heart. I also am going to be working out regularly in order to make my heart stronger. This doesn't mean I am not going to be pushing myself too far; I am just going to bump up my regular exercise schedule from what it was.
Some people might be wondering why I chose this as my subject for my experiment. This year I have already kind of turned my life around from unhealthy habits to better choices, so I knew that I wanted to do something along the lines of health because I have been gaining new knowledge. As I was thinking about it I knew that I didn't want to do something about just becoming healthy I wanted it to be something more specific. I also wanted it to relate to my life and something that could benefit me in the long run. Then it came to me, I should do something with my heart because I have a long line of heart disease in my family. On my dad's side of the family my grandpa had congestive heart failure and my grandma died due to a heart attack, and her father had a total of 4 heart attacks in his life. My dad has also had a heart attack about 5 years ago. On my mom's side of the family my grandma Joyce had a heart attack and her older brother, Uncle Kevin, had a heart attack. Because my Uncle Kevin had a heart attack my other Uncle, Chuck, decided to get his heart checked out and found out that he had blockage in two of his arteries and needed to get stints put in. While he was on the operating table he ended up have a heart attack. As you can see there are quite a few heart problems in my close family, and I kind of have it coming at me from two directions. Once I was looking it over I knew that I needed to make a change unlike they did and try to prevent it.
Some people might be wondering why I chose this as my subject for my experiment. This year I have already kind of turned my life around from unhealthy habits to better choices, so I knew that I wanted to do something along the lines of health because I have been gaining new knowledge. As I was thinking about it I knew that I didn't want to do something about just becoming healthy I wanted it to be something more specific. I also wanted it to relate to my life and something that could benefit me in the long run. Then it came to me, I should do something with my heart because I have a long line of heart disease in my family. On my dad's side of the family my grandpa had congestive heart failure and my grandma died due to a heart attack, and her father had a total of 4 heart attacks in his life. My dad has also had a heart attack about 5 years ago. On my mom's side of the family my grandma Joyce had a heart attack and her older brother, Uncle Kevin, had a heart attack. Because my Uncle Kevin had a heart attack my other Uncle, Chuck, decided to get his heart checked out and found out that he had blockage in two of his arteries and needed to get stints put in. While he was on the operating table he ended up have a heart attack. As you can see there are quite a few heart problems in my close family, and I kind of have it coming at me from two directions. Once I was looking it over I knew that I needed to make a change unlike they did and try to prevent it.
I think this a really good idea considering your family's history of health issues. Hope it all works out for you
ReplyDeleteYour experiment is very effective in maintaining a balanced diet as well as regularly exercising, something more people should do.
ReplyDeleteI think your experiment is a great idea. I am also doing something similar and for a good reason also. Hope everything is working out for you.
ReplyDelete