Monday, January 23, 2012

Library Session


The library session taught me some new things even though I have been to one already. I learned about new sites to search for information that was not taught to us last time, such as LexisNexis Academic and the CQ researcher. These will be helpful for me when I research the topic that I want to do my project over. I started to look up some articles on LexisNexis Academic that pertain to my topic. I can use the Academic Search Premier for a more specific search when I need to know something more exact and don’t want to find thousands of articles pertaining to the topic I have chose to research. When I was at the library last semester with my English 103 class we were shown how to work this search site and even though I had already known to run it they had added a few new features that are good to know about. We were also shown Card Cat last time and there were also a few new features on that. I don’t exactly remember which one it was, but there was one that you can now text yourself the location of the book you are looking for that is something that wasn’t available last time I was there and it seems really helpful. These databases are going to be helpful because they range in size and you could probably ultimately find anything you need; you can even have them order an article if you need them to.

1 comment:

  1. Its good that they have databases that provide more specific results than others, it definitely saves time.

    ReplyDelete